WhatsApp Email Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Twitter Advertisement TAGSCourtcourtslimerickRoad tramps motorcycle club WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR The remains of Andrew O’Donoghue, Cois na Coille, Murroe, Co Limerick, a member of the Road Tramps MC Ireland leaves Cross’s funeral home in Ballyneety with a 200 motorcycle guard of honour. Photograph Liam Burke/Press 22A MAN charged with impeding the murder investigation of biker Andrew O’Donoghue, who was shot dead in Murroe last month, has been granted bail despite objections from gardaí.At Limerick Distict Court on Tuesday, Judge Marian O’Leary granted bail to Robert Cusack (26) of Abington, Murroe, Co Limerick subject to a number of conditions, including banning him from having any contact with members of any motorcycle club.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Detective Garda Fergal Hanrahan told the court the defendant is a member of the Caballeros motorcycle club based in Clonmel, who are involved in an ongoing bitter feud with the Murroe-based Road Tramps Motorcycle Club.Detective Hanrahan said there is an ongoing turf war between the two clubs and outlined fears that Cusack’s release would lead to heightened tensions between them.He noted that the murder at the Road Tramps clubhouse at Mountfune, Murroe on June 20 already lead to a reprisal in Castletroy the following day, in which a firearm was discharged.The court also heard that the murder was captured on CCTV cameras.Defence Solicitor Sarah Ryan said her client was not on the garda radar, that he had assisted gardaí in their investigations and has no previous convictions.Judge O’Leary remanded Cusack in custody with consent to bail until July 21. Facebook Previous articleTV – Something for the weekend – Live Sport on TVNext articleInternational festival screens for Limerick film director John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBail for man charged with impeding murder investigationBy John Keogh – July 9, 2015 1536 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
Art Wager/iStockBY: KARMA ALLEN, ABC NEWS(NEW YORK) — Hawaii announced plans to delay reopening for tourism for another month, as coronavirus infections continue to rise in the Aloha State and on the U.S. mainland.Hawaii Gov. David Ige announced the plan in a press conference late Monday, saying the state would delay reopening to tourists until August. He said all travelers who enter the state, even those who have tested negative for the virus, will be subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine through Sept. 1.Ige, who said the state recently set a new record of 42 new infections in a single day, cited “uncontrolled outbreaks and surges” on the U.S. mainland as well as increases in COVID-19 cases within the state. The U.S. has become the worst-affected country by far, with more than 3.3 million diagnosed cases and at least 136,000 deaths as of Tuesday.The state’s previous plan was to allow tourists who test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arriving in Hawaii to bypass the mandatory two-week self-quarantine starting in August. But with the influx of new cases, officials said it was impossible to reopen safely.“The recent increase was a key factor in our decision of the recent start of the pre-travel testing program for travelers to Hawaii,” Ige told reporters Monday. “The outbreaks on the mainland are not in control and we don’t believe that situation will change significantly by August 1.”Ige acknowledged the potential impact the delayed reopening will have on the state’s tourist economy as well as local businesses, but he said it was the only way to stem the uptick in positive cases, as states like Florida, Texas and Arizona saw massive spikes upon reopening prematurely.“We did believe it would be in the best interest of everyone here in the state of Hawaii to delay the start of the program to Sept. 1,” Ige said. “I know this increases the burden of businesses here in Hawaii … we still believe in the pre-testing program and we will take actions to implement it safely.”Hawaii has counted 1,243 COVID-19 cases after logging a record 42 new cases on Saturday. Some 13.1 million people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 globally, according to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.The actual numbers are believed to be much higher due to testing shortages, many unreported cases, and suspicions that some governments are hiding or downplaying the scope of their nations’ outbreaks.The U.S. tourism sector has been hit hard by the ongoing pandemic.Earlier, Delta Air Lines — the first major U.S. airline to report earnings results for the May-through-June quarter — said the company lost $5.7 billion during the three-month period that largely brought travel to halt.Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
READ: ‘In The Future, I Would Like To Settle Down With Her’: India’s Fastest Woman Dutee Chand Reveals That She Is In A Same-sex RelationshipA landmark judgement of the Supreme Court last year had made same sex relationship between consenting adults a non criminal act though marriage between such individuals is still not legal in India.Dutee, the 100m national record holder (11.24 seconds), says while her parents have not yet raised any objection to her relationship, her eldest sister has threatened to not only expel her from the family but also send her to jail. Dutee said her partner is free to marry whoever she wants to if she decides to do so in future.”I will continue my athletics career. I am going to take part in the World University Games next month and hope to qualify for the World Championships later this year. My aim to qualify for next year’s Olympics, so I am training hard,” she said.While Dutee refused to name her partner, she said the Supreme Court judgement on the issue gave her the courage to go public.”My partner also agreed that we should make this public and face whatever repercussions it may bring to us. I believe in individual freedom and right to decide how and with whom I will live my life.” She said another reason for coming out in the open was that she did not want something which happened with sprinter Pinki Pramanik, who was accused of rape by her live-in partner.Pinki was a member of the 2006 Asian Games 4x400m relay gold winning team.”We did not want this kind of situation happening in future,” Dutee said.Dutee, who was banned for one year by the international athletics federation in 2014 for having higher testosterone (male sex hormone) level than permissible, hails from Chaka Gopalpur village at Jajpur district of Odisha and she was born to Chakradhar Chand and Akhuji Chand.Dutee won a landmark ‘gender’ case against the IAAF in an appeal to the Court of Arbitration in 2015 and she was allowed to compete after being banned for one year.The CAS suspended the IAAF’s policy on hyperandrogenism for two years.Later the world body changed the policy, which applicable only on female athletes competing in the range of 400m to 1500m, leaving out Dutee, who competes in 100m and 200m, from its ambit. “I am having a relationship with a 19-year-old woman from my village for the past five years. She is studying B.A. 2nd year in a Bhubaneswar college. She is a relative of mine and whenever I come to home, I spend time with her. She is a kind of soul-mate for me and I want to settle down with her in future,” Chand, 23, told PTI from Hyderabad where she is training. Press Trust Of India First Published: 19th May, 2019 15:46 IST LIVE TV “My eldest sister kind of wields power and authority in my family. She has thrown out my elder brother from home because she does not like his wife. She has threatened me that same will happen to me. But I am also an adult who has individual freedom. So, I decided to go ahead with this and make it public. Last Updated: 19th May, 2019 15:46 IST Dutee Chand Faces Expulsion From Family After Revealing Same Sex Relationship Unapologetic about her same-sex relationship with a younger relative, India’s fastest woman Dutee Chand is facing a tough battle of acceptance in her family Written By Unapologetic about her same-sex relationship with a younger relative, India’s fastest woman Dutee Chand is facing a tough battle of acceptance in her family.Dutee, who won two silver medals at the 2018 Asian Games, became one of the few athletes in the world to openly admit same-sex relationship. SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENT WATCH US LIVE “My eldest sister feels that my partner is interested in my property. She has told me that she will send me to jail for having this relationship,” she said. FOLLOW US
Nigeria almost surrendered a domineering first-leg lead but eventually held on to see off Cote d’Ivoire 4-3 on aggregate to qualify for the African Nations Championships.The Super Eagles headed into Saturday’s tie with a comfortable 4-1 lead from the first-leg at the beginning of June, but were almost forced into extra-time after two first-half goals from the Elephants ensured a tense encounter.However, Stephen Keshi’s side were able to hold out for the win to secure their first ever participation at the African event.It took Ivory Coast just four minutes to open the scoring as Kevin Koelly pounced on Azubuike Egwuekwe’s woeful attempted header back to his goalkeeper before slotting into the back of the net.Midway through the first-half the Elephants grabbed their second, with Koelly completing his brace from the penalty spot after Rabio Ali had been blown up in the area.However, Sabri Lamouchi’s men were unable to find a vital third goal as the Nigerians held out for the win.
(EA Sports) https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/1a/1f/russell-wilson-madden-20-no-helmet_gkvgz31ywr331jm4c3roe3a85.png?t=1794931211&w=500&quality=80 To be fair, the game is still a little ways off from its full release on Aug. 2.Maybe developers can offer a few tweaks to make Wilson look more like himself in the coming months. Also, EA Sports has released a few other player teasers who actually resemble their real-life counterparts. Xbox on Monday released a fun teaser via Twitter for “Madden NFL 20” — one that quickly turned into a roasting session.The teaser included Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, but the likeness it used for it doesn’t look like him. Seriously, take a look for yourself. It’s about to get dangerous in #Madden20! Show no mercy on the field with Russell Wilson’s new Blitz Radar X-Factor ability.Pre-order now: https://t.co/bn1OZmRUEu pic.twitter.com/ByA0d5rxHO— Xbox (@Xbox) June 17, 2019MORE: The inside story of Greg Jennings breaking his leg in ‘Madden’ YouTube videoFirst of all, the facial features look nothing like him (as others pointed out, it looks more like 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo). Also, what exactly is going on with his mangled arm and fist? I get that hands are a low priority in Madden as they’re often covered by gloves and don’t need stellar animation, but then, like, don’t feature the hands on the graphic if that’s the case.Madden has made great strides in animation in recent years, but this is not what people expect from the video game.pic.twitter.com/603bLrCCzG— Jonah Roberts (@JonahRoberts16) June 17, 2019When did they go back to ps2 graphics— The Nostalgic Gamer (@NostalgicOne86) June 17, 2019Man, EA sure doesn’t even try anymore…is that some CPU generated player trying to cosplay as Russell Wilson? It doesn’t even look like him!! Please, tell us again how EA having exclusive rights to the NFL has made football games better? Best NFL game is still ESPN NFL2K5.— Rommel (@RommelHotS) June 17, 2019Other than the number, that looks nothing like Russel Wilson.— Richie Slack (@Richie_Slack) June 17, 2019EA Sports has a version of Wilson on its website without the helmet, and he does look a little better there, but the facial features still look a little off and his hands still look like they’re racked with arthritis. (EA Sports) https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/a0/c9/madden20-players_1mm7y8feoefjc18hleqscfxdk7.png?t=1795310259&w=500&quality=80
Zidane’s wardrobe malfunction Manchester, United Kingdom | AFP |Champions League top-scorer Cristiano Ronaldo was a frustrated spectator as his Real Madrid side played out a slow-burning 0-0 draw at Manchester City in Tuesday’s semi-final first leg.Injury prevented the Portuguese superstar from adding to his 16-goal tally and in his absence the visitors were unable to convert the handful of chances they created, with a sensational late Joe Hart save to deny Pepe the closest either side came to a goal at the Etihad Stadium.As an occasion, City’s first semi-final appearance in the competition was a let-down, but by preventing Madrid from notching an away goal the tie’s underdogs safeguarded their hopes of reaching the final ahead of next week’s return leg at the Bernabeu.“We played a very intense game and defended well,” said City manager Manuel Pellegrini.“This season we have played very well away. Now we go to the Bernabeu with the same attitude as playing at home.“Real Madrid must attack a little bit more. You cannot take too much from the first leg. We can see from the second leg who will go through.”Pellegrini, though, will be without David Silva for the second leg after he was forced off by a hamstring injury, while his Madrid counterpart Zinedine Zidane was left sweating on the fitness of Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, who went off at half-time.“I’m happy with the game,” said Zidane, who expressed hope that both his ailing forwards will be fit for the return leg.“We had the ball more in the second half, had a couple of chances. We’re a little bit disappointed, because we possibly deserved more.“Before this game it was 50-50. I think it’s still the same, 50-50.” City’s semi-final arrival was an event seven and a half years in the making for the club’s Emirati owners and there was a carefully stage-managed attempt to generate an atmosphere prior to kick-off, with fans given blue and silver foil flags and a flurry of streamers greeting the teams.The star attraction, alas, was on the bench, glowering in a grey Real Madrid anorak. Ronaldo took his place among the visiting officials after failing a pre-match fitness test on a thigh strain.City seemed determine not to let their guests settle into a rhythm and with Fernandinho setting the tempo for their pressing, they did exactly that.But with neither side able to create any chances, the most notable act of the first half was the departure of Silva after he injured himself in a sliding challenge on Gareth Bale that earned him a booking, which saw 19-year-old Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho join the fray.Benzema, a pre-match doubt with a knee problem, was replaced at half-time by Jese and despite the touchline exhortations of Zidane, who split his trousers for the second Champions League match running, his side could not make the breakthrough.When they belatedly hit the target, Sergio Ramos hanging in the air to meet Toni Kroos’s corner from the right with a firm header, Hart saved comfortably.And when they conspired to beat Hart, Jese looping a header towards goal from Dani Carvajal’s right-wing cross, the crossbar came to the England international’s rescue.City started the second half with a left-foot sighter from Sergio Aguero that whistled over the bar, but they did not threaten again until a stoppage-time Kevin De Bruyne free-kick that Keylor Navas tipped over.In the minutes prior to that, the visitors had started to knock on the door.After Bale had given City a scare by curling narrowly wide from the edge of the box, Hart produced two demonstrations of the razor-sharp reflexes that have come to his side’s rescue so many times on big European nights.First, he stuck out his left boot to deflect away a downward header from Casemiro and moments later a starfish-style block prevented Pepe from snatching a late winner from point-blank range.Share on: WhatsApp