Please enter your comment! Valuables in view are a magnet for thievesFrom the Apopka Police DepartmentThe Apopka Police Department is seeing a shift in the method of operation for committing auto burglaries.The public is doing a better job of locking their cars, which is good, but our residents and visitors are leaving valuables in view.Many auto burglaries are crimes of opportunity. Entry may be made through an unlocked car where the burglar then rummages through the storage areas. If the car is locked, they are not likely to break a window and be heard, or risk breaking a window and setting off an alarm. However, if a valuable is seen, breaking a window and taking the item only takes a matter of seconds.In the past most of the auto burglaries occurred to unsecured vehicles located in subdivisions. Although we continue to see auto burglaries within subdivisions, this trend has shifted to forced entry by breaking a window and usually occurs when there are valuables left in plain view.Many of the burglaries are now occurring in parking lots instead of subdivisions. The Apopka Police Department would like to remind everyone to lock their vehicles and remove valuables. If you have must leave valuables in your vehicle while not at home keep them out of plain view, preferably in the trunk or rear passenger area covered up.The community is also reminded that if you “see something, say something.” Please report all suspicious activity to the Apopka Police Department. Support conservation and fish with NEW Florida specialty license plate TAGSApopka Police DepartmentAuto Burglaries Previous articleInternational Women’s Day features unity, celebration, and actionNext articleFlorida among several states confronting drug formulary questions Denise Connell RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Free webinar for job seekers on best interview answers, hosted by Goodwill June 11 Please enter your name here The Anatomy of Fear Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You have entered an incorrect email address! Please enter your email address here LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
to go further News News Reporters Without Borders today strongly condemned the harassment of journalist Agil Khalil and attempts to intimidate him during an investigation by legal officials and called for a serious enquiry into an 13 March physical attack on him.The public prosecutor of the Kyurdamir region summoned him for questioning on 3 April and in his office he and an investigator twisted his arm and confiscated his mobile phone. Khalil told the daily paper Azadlig he had been subjected to psychological and physical pressure to make him say he knew a man called Sergei who had attacked him in March. He was summoned by police investigators the next day in Baku where he was taken aside and physically attacked. He was “treated like a criminal” and only able to talk to his lawyer after repeated requests, he said.“The authorities are trying to discredit him and show he was not assaulted because of his work as a journalist,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “The real authors of the attack on him must be found and punished.” Khalil said the investigation was trumped up and Sergei’s statements were contradictory. Sergei said he had stabbed the journalist several times but official experts said he had only been stabbed once. He also said he had called the journalist at his two mobile phone numbers but Khalil has only one number. Khalil said he had probably been attacked because of articles he wrote criticising local politicians. RSF_en AzerbaijanEurope – Central Asia Help by sharing this information RSF calls for a fully transparent investigation after mine kills two journalists in Azerbaijan April 10, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Journalist hounded by official investigators Receive email alerts June 4, 2021 Find out more News AzerbaijanEurope – Central Asia June 8, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Azerbaijan April 9, 2021 Find out more Organisation News “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says Russian peacekeepers deny foreign reporters access to Nagorno-Karabakh
Facebook WhatsApp Previous articlewhenyoung: album announcementNext article20 new jobs from accounting technician apprenticeships Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Email TAGSbusinessfoodLimerick City and CountyNewsTechnology RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin NewsBusinessFood for thought on new Limerick websiteBy Bernie English – April 11, 2019 694 Advertisement Eamon Ryan, Head of Enterprise at the Limerick Local Enterprise OfficeA NEW food website which will offer a platform for everything to do with food in Limerick and promote local food entrepreneurs will go live within the month.Members of Limerick City and County Council learned of the new website during a presentation from Eamon Ryan, Head of Enterprise at the Local Enterprise Office on progress on the implementation of the Food Strategy and the plans for 2019.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Mr Ryan told the monthly council meeting that the website “will be a one-stop shop for food in Limerick. The object is to create a platform for Limerick producers and businesses.The website will go live on the Limerick.ie site and it will be open to Limerick food producers and businesses to put up content promoting their own businesses, he said.Among the plans for the coming year, he told councillors that there have been seven units secured in Arthur’s Quay Park for local producers, at the heart of the Riverfest village.“There is a big project to bring city street dining and food trucks but that won’t happen overnight and is tied into the way in which the city is developed.There are also plans to develop a Limerick food brand and logo but that will have to be looked at in conjunction with the roll-out of brand Limerick, currently contracted out to UK marketing company Saatchi and Saatchi.There are also plans for a start your own food business programme which sees ten prospective food entrepreneurs enrol at a time.A ‘Meet the Buyer event is also organised at which producers will get a chance to pitch directly to Supervalu. Exercise With Oxygen Training at Ultimate Health Clinic Print Ann & Steve Talk Stuff | Episode 29 | Levelling Up Twitter O’Connells Butchers bringing a new element to customer service Limerick businesses urged to accept Irish Business Design Challenge Limerick on Covid watch list
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr The 2020 crisis caused by COVID-19 has really thrown members and credit unions into a frazzle. The combination of restricted branch access, employees working from home, the unemployment crisis, and the uncertainty of how or when it will end have created a unique situation.As they deal with these evolving times, credit unions are justifiably concerned about revenue and loan defaults. This has many scrambling to keep revenue in the black by reducing costs and cutting budgets.However, there are some bright spots. For some credit unions, the Paycheck Protection Programhas brought in revenue, and increased consumer lending in the month of May has been promising. But likely the most profitable opportunity right now may just be the mortgage refi boom.Capturing the Current Mortgage OpportunityTo pad the net income column, credit unions have the opportunity to capitalize on the current needs of their members. I don’t mean this in a self-serving way, but rather in a way that addresses both the needs of the member as well as those of the credit union. These opportunities provide the window to succeed in this crisis. Credit unions owe it to both their members and the membership at large to capture the full opportunity. continue reading »
Submitted by the office of Sen. Joe FainReeves Middle School student Emily Anderson served as a Senate page to Senator Joe Fain.Emily Anderson, a student at Reeves Middle School, spent the last week as a page for the Washington State Senate at the Capitol in Olympia. Anderson was one of 14 students who served as Senate pages for the ninth week of the 2015 legislative session.The Senate Page Program is an opportunity for Washington students to spend a week working in the Legislature. Students are responsible for transporting documents between offices, delivering messages and mail. Pages spend time in the Senate chamber and attend page school to learn about parliamentary procedure and the legislative process. Students also draft their own bills and engage in a mock session.“I became a page to learn about our government and our legislature, it’s a good experience to learn how it all works,” Anderson said. “I like meeting everybody around the state, but being a part of the session and seeing how it all works have been my favorite part.”She said she was surprised at how many bills the senators went through on the floor.“I’ve really loved it, I don’t think I’ll forget it,” she said about the page program.Anderson was sponsored by Senator Joe Fain, who represents South King County.Anderson has played soccer since she was four and plays for the Black Hills FC. She also plays basketball and sings for her school choir. She likes being outdoors and being active.Emily, 14, is the daughter of Ken and Nancy Anderson of Olympia.Students interested in the Senate Page Program are encouraged to visit Senator Fain’s web site at http://www.SenatorFain.com and select Get Involved – Senate Page Program. Facebook112Tweet0Pin0
The ISSA-FLOW Super Cup will stay in Kingston for the third-consecutive year.Wolmer’s Boys won their first hold on schoolboy football’s most coveted trophy with a stoppage time (91st minute) winner by striker Alphanso Gooden that was enough to beat a resolute Cornwall College at Sabina Park last night.Two minutes into injury time, Andrew Daley, who had a very lively game, drove into the Cornwall College 18-yard box and took advantage of some hesitant defending, to take control of the ball, before sending a pass to Gooden. The big forward was given a lot of space in the Cornwall area and he picked his spot and sent a thunderous shot into the back of the net.It was the sixth goal for Gooden this season, and his most important, so far.”It feels very wonderful to score and win the FLOW Super Cup for the very first time for my school,” he said.”I am happy, as the team looked up to me to score and get the win. It was tough, but we gave everything to beat them,” Gooden told The Sunday Gleaner.BEAMING MOTHERHe was joined by his beaming mother, Karen Hinds, who praised her son.”I feel very good. Watching my son all season has made me very happy. He wanted this moment for a very long time (and) it finally came through. I love him,” she said.Wolmer’s principal Dr Walton Small was ecstatic.”We are going to win the other trophies,” he saidCoach Vassell Reynolds said his guys were brimming with confidence prior to the game.”Prior to the game, I had never seen my players so confident. We knew it was going to be a tough game and we were very solid in defence … we also countered well tonight.”Wolmer’s came back strong in the second half after the dangerous Jourdaine Fletcher had tormented them for long periods. He had two very good free kicks, which were saved by goalkeeper Shamar Jamieson.The first half was fairly even, and both teams created chances, but could not find the net.It was the Montego Bay-based Cornwall’s first loss in all competitions this season.Coach Dr Dean Weatherly called it a ‘painful defeat’ but backed his team to rebound and challenge for the rest of the trophies this season.
The Uttar Pradesh government has submitted a proposal to the Centre to encourage foreign airlines to operate at the proposed Jewar airport. The State’s suggestion is to allow foreign carriers to fly to the airport, likely to be ready by 2023, without the need for India to revise its bilateral agreements with different countries to increase the total number of flights permitted for different ports of call in the country.The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) informed potential bidders about this proposal late Thursday evening in its reply to queries raised about the tender on operation, management and development of Noida International Airport Limited. It has also made public its revised request for proposal-cum-request for quotation and concession agreement.In response to a query by an interested bidder on allowing international carriers to fly to Jewar airport for a period of three years without revising bilateral agreements, the YEIDA said, “Authority is awaiting a response from MoCA (Ministry of Civil Aviation).”Centre to take callAccording to the minutes of the meeting with the MoCA on August 16, the Centre is examining the issue: “MoCA will separately examine the issue of bilaterals and will provide clarity on whether the bilateral rights under Delhi (IGI Airport) will extend to the new airport or it should be considered as a separate port of call.”Though the reply from YEIDA to the bidders comes after a delay of almost one month, officials say that the deadline for submitting bids on October 30 will remain unchanged. The timeline for opening technical and financial bids on November 6 and November 29 will also be unaffected.Shailendra Kumar Bhatia, nodal officer for Jewar, told The Hindu that as many as 20 players have bought the bid document so far, including domestic and international airport developers. Nearly 70% land (1,400 hectares) has been acquired by the YEIDA. The authority has also entered into an MoU with Wildlife Institute of India for environment impact assessment. A team of scientists has already conducted an inspection earlier this month to draw a plan for conservation of flora and fauna in the area. It is expected to submit its report by October 30.On the instructions of the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet, the YEIDA will also explore whether the airport can have 4-6 runways instead of two proposed now.In order to ensure Jewar airport is connected to the National Capital Region, state-owned infrastructure company RITES has been tasked with conducting a study which is expected to be submitted by October 15, Mr. Bhatia said. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, too, has submitted its report for metro connectivity for the airport, which is being examined by the Uttar Pradesh government and Noida Metro Rail Corporation.
German tennis star Alexander Zverev’s energetic celebration scared a ball boy during his second round Shanghai Masters match against Georgian Nikoloz Basilashvili.Zverev endured a tough challenge against Basilashvili on Wednesday but overcame his opponent 7-5, 6-4 to reach the third round of the compulsory ATP event in Shanghai.During the match, Zverev ran towards the front court and hit a backhand winner upon which he let off an intense roar and a fist pump celebration.His celebration that happened right in front of a ball boy sitting on the sidelines had the little kid lean backwards in absolute scare of getting hit.When you celebrate so hard it terrifies the ballkids #RolexSHMasters pic.twitter.com/eryoazYgYDTennis TV (@TennisTV) October 10, 2018Ball kids have been a reason of much debate recently in the world of tennis after a video of Spaniard Fernando Verdasco berating a ball boy for not bringing his towel quickly enough, went viral.At the Shenzhen Open, Verdasco, after playing a point, looked behind towards the ball boy asking him to bring his towel. In what he felt like a little delay, Verdasco made an unpleasant gesture towards the kid to bring the towel quickly.Also read – Shanghai Masters: Roger Federer battles past Daniil Medvedev to reach last 16Later, Belarus’s Aryna Sabalenka also drew criticism for shaking an empty water bottle in the direction of a ball boy in Beijing last week before she tossed it to the floor.On Tuesday, Roger Federer, who was a ball boy once himself, came out and said that players much respect the ball kids and unpaid volunteers because “they are also maybe the future of our game”.advertisementHe further added, “you don’t want to have them leave feeling like, oh my god, like I was not appreciated or I was not liked or it was actually a horrible thing, you know? So yes, it needs to be taken care of.”On Wednesday, Wimbledon’s commercial director Mick Desmond said Wimbledon was prepared to take action against the players who behave badly towards ball boys and girls and plans to discuss the matter with representatives of men’s and women’s tennis.In Shanghai on Wednesday, fourth seed Alexander Zverev edged one step closer to qualifying for next month’s ATP Finals with his entry into the third round.The 21-year-old German fought off a cold and showed great confidence to wrap up the victory at the Qi Zhong Stadium.”I played a solid match. I did everything that I needed to win,” said Zverev.”As you can probably hear in my voice, I’m a little sick right now, so feeling a little bit low energy, but I hope it will get better over the next few days.”(With Reuters inputs)