Tag Archives: 最新阿拉上海后花园

Journalist U Win Tin and blogger Nay Phone Latt transferred to Insein prison

first_img Receive email alerts Help by sharing this information Follow the news on Myanmar News MyanmarAsia – Pacific News RSF asks Germany to let Myanmar journalist Mratt Kyaw Thu apply for asylum US journalist held in Yangon prison notorious for torture Organisation RSF_en February 11, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Journalist U Win Tin and blogger Nay Phone Latt transferred to Insein prisoncenter_img Reporters Without Borders and the Burma Media Association firmly condemn the transfers of journalist U Win Tin and blogger Nay Phone Latt to Insein prison, near Rangoon. The two organisations also condemn a government decision to restrict the content of newspapers’ websites to the articles approved by military censors for the print editions.“U Win Tin and Nay Phone Latt have no place in Insein prison,” the organisations said. “It is a crime to send U Win Tin, one of the country’s leading journalists, back to this appalling prison just 20 days after a hospital operation, while Nay Phone Latt’s imprisonment is a disturbing sign that the military are ready to try him. We call for their unconditional release.”The two organisation added: “The imprisonment of journalists and bloggers and the censorship board’s harassment of a number of privately-owned publications at the same time that the military junta is promising a referendum and elections in 2010 show that these promises of a democratic evolution are just a trick.”The censorship board sent a directive to 11 newspapers and magazines at the start of the month telling them that the front page of their websites should be no different from the front page of their print editions, and that the website content should include no information that has not been approved for publication in print. Websites that fail to comply would be closed, the directive said.The 11 publications were Weekly Eleven (http://www.weeklyeleven.com/), 7 Days News (http://www.planet.com.mm/news/), Myanmar Times (http://www.myanmar.com/myanmartimes/), Flower News (http://www.myanmarvisa.com/flowernews/index.htm), Yangon Times (http://www.theyangontimes.com/), and the monthlies Popular, Action Times, Snapshot, Yati, Tharapu and Fashion Image. The winner of the Reporters Without Borders – Fondation de France press freedom prize in 2006, U Win Tin was transferred yesterday from a Rangoon hospital back to his special cell in Insein prison, where he has been held since July 1989. He was hospitalised on 22 January for a hernia operation. Government officials visited him in hospital on 7 February and offered to release him if he resigned from the opposition National League for Democracy and agreed to abandon all other pro-democracy activism. The same offer has been made in the past and, again, U Win Tin turned it down. Nay Phone Latt was transferred to Insein prison on 7 February following his arrest in Rangoon on 29 January and his indictment for threatening state security under Section 5J of the Emergency Provision Act of 1950. His relatives, who have not been able to visit him since his arrest, have been told that he has also been charged with violating a 1996 TV and video law (http://www.blc-burma.org/html/myanmar%20law/lr_e_ml96_08.html) imposing government control over all political content. It carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.Nay Phone Latt’s family is very worried about the conditions in which he is being held. He has been placed in cell No. 2, which has no electricity or blankets and is one of the worst in the prison. It is in this cell that prisoners are held while awaiting execution. His trial is scheduled to start on 6 March.The poet Saw Wai was transferred to Insein prison last month after being arrested for criticising the head of the junta, Gen. Than Shwe, in a coded message MyanmarAsia – Pacific May 31, 2021 Find out more Thai premier, UN rapporteurs asked to prevent journalists being returned to Myanmar News May 26, 2021 Find out more to go further News May 12, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Food for thought on new Limerick website

first_imgFacebook WhatsApp Previous articlewhenyoung: album announcementNext article20 new jobs from accounting technician apprenticeships Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Email TAGSbusinessfoodLimerick City and CountyNewsTechnology RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin NewsBusinessFood for thought on new Limerick websiteBy Bernie English – April 11, 2019 694 Advertisementcenter_img Eamon Ryan, Head of Enterprise at the Limerick Local Enterprise OfficeA NEW food website which will offer a platform for everything to do with food in Limerick and promote local food entrepreneurs will go live within the month.Members of Limerick City and County Council learned of the new website during a presentation from Eamon Ryan, Head of Enterprise at the Local Enterprise Office on progress on the implementation of the Food Strategy and the plans for 2019.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Mr Ryan told the monthly council meeting that the website “will be a one-stop shop for food in Limerick. The object is to create a platform for Limerick producers and businesses.The website will go live on the Limerick.ie site and it will be open to Limerick food producers and businesses to put up content promoting their own businesses, he said.Among the plans for the coming year, he told councillors that there have been seven units secured in Arthur’s Quay Park for local producers, at the heart of the Riverfest village.“There is a big project to bring city street dining and food trucks but that won’t happen overnight and is tied into the way in which the city is developed.There are also plans to develop a Limerick food brand and logo but that will have to be looked at in conjunction with the roll-out of brand Limerick, currently contracted out to UK marketing company Saatchi and Saatchi.There are also plans for a start your own food business programme which sees ten prospective food entrepreneurs enrol at a time.A ‘Meet the Buyer event is also organised at which producers will get a chance to pitch directly to Supervalu. Exercise With Oxygen Training at Ultimate Health Clinic Print Ann & Steve Talk Stuff | Episode 29 | Levelling Up Twitter O’Connells Butchers bringing a new element to customer service Limerick businesses urged to accept Irish Business Design Challenge Limerick on Covid watch listlast_img read more