WhatsApp Email Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Twitter Advertisement TAGSCourtcourtslimerickRoad tramps motorcycle club WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR The remains of Andrew O’Donoghue, Cois na Coille, Murroe, Co Limerick, a member of the Road Tramps MC Ireland leaves Cross’s funeral home in Ballyneety with a 200 motorcycle guard of honour. Photograph Liam Burke/Press 22A MAN charged with impeding the murder investigation of biker Andrew O’Donoghue, who was shot dead in Murroe last month, has been granted bail despite objections from gardaí.At Limerick Distict Court on Tuesday, Judge Marian O’Leary granted bail to Robert Cusack (26) of Abington, Murroe, Co Limerick subject to a number of conditions, including banning him from having any contact with members of any motorcycle club.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Detective Garda Fergal Hanrahan told the court the defendant is a member of the Caballeros motorcycle club based in Clonmel, who are involved in an ongoing bitter feud with the Murroe-based Road Tramps Motorcycle Club.Detective Hanrahan said there is an ongoing turf war between the two clubs and outlined fears that Cusack’s release would lead to heightened tensions between them.He noted that the murder at the Road Tramps clubhouse at Mountfune, Murroe on June 20 already lead to a reprisal in Castletroy the following day, in which a firearm was discharged.The court also heard that the murder was captured on CCTV cameras.Defence Solicitor Sarah Ryan said her client was not on the garda radar, that he had assisted gardaí in their investigations and has no previous convictions.Judge O’Leary remanded Cusack in custody with consent to bail until July 21. Facebook Previous articleTV – Something for the weekend – Live Sport on TVNext articleInternational festival screens for Limerick film director John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBail for man charged with impeding murder investigationBy John Keogh – July 9, 2015 1536 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago In a press conference, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin addressed the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on mortgage servicers.“We’re going to make sure that the market functions properly,” he told reporters at a White House briefing. According to Bloomberg, Mnuchin added that the Treasury Department has had discussions with the Federal Housing Finance Agency about the mortgage market.“We have all the appropriate people on it,” he said. “We’re very aware of the issue.”Mnuchin said a Financial Stability Oversight Council task force had specifically studied the issue of mortgage servicer liquidity.Servicers will be impacted by the $2 trillion stimulus package as borrowers will be allowed to delay payments on government-backed mortgages for as long as a year. Analysis from Black Knight’s latest Mortgage Monitor Report found that if 5% of homeowners seek forbearance, servicers would need to advance more than $2.1 billion in principal and interest per month to security holders. If the number of homeowners seeking forbearance rises to 10%, the monthly cost could jump to $4.2 billion.“The various forbearance programs being offered to borrowers via the recently passed CARES Act, as well as via individual agencies and mortgage servicers, are a key difference today,” Black Knight Data & Analytics President Ben Graboske said.Department of Housing and Urban Development Director Dr. Ben Carson also gave an update on how the pandemic is impacting borrowers directly. In an interview with Daily Caller, Dr. Carson stated how future stimulus packages will need to offer assistance to servicers to provide some amount of liquidity.“What we have to think about, though, are the services and the people providing those mortgages, they have obligations as well,” Dr. Carson said. “Particularly the non-banks, who really do a lot of the mortgage lending these days, who don’t have, you know, enormous amounts of cash, we have to make sure in the stimulus package that we provide them a mechanism or we’re going to destroy the mortgage industry. So those are the things that we’re obviously thinking about.” April 15, 2020 1,604 Views The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Tagged with: Mnuchin Stimulus Treasury Previous: CFPB, FHFA Partner on Borrower Assistance Program Next: DS5: Zoning Shifts and Adapting to Change Mnuchin Stimulus Treasury 2020-04-15 Seth Welborn Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / Treasury, HUD Address Mortgage Servicer Liquidity Related Articles Sign up for DS News Daily The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Share Save The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Print This Post Seth Welborn is a Reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Harding University, he has covered numerous topics across the real estate and default servicing industries. Additionally, he has written B2B marketing copy for Dallas-based companies such as AT&T. An East Texas Native, he also works part-time as a photographer. Treasury, HUD Address Mortgage Servicer Liquidity About Author: Seth Welborn Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Subscribe
Junior Ray Sarmiento became the fifth Trojan to earn Pac-12 men’s player of the week honors this season after helping the No. 4 Trojans sweep No. 43 Oregon and defeat No. 33 Washington 6-1 last weekend.Focused on the future · Junior Ray Sarmiento (above) will look to continue his strong play in USC’s final regular season match against UCLA before heading off to the Pac-12 championships, which begin April 23. – Ralf Cheung | Daily TrojanRanked No. 14 in singles, Sarmiento defeated Oregon’s Jeff Mullen 6-2, 6-3 on Friday and Washington’s Marton Bots 6-1, 6-2 on Saturday. The wins extended his singles win streak to 11 and improved his solo record to 26-5 overall and 15-3 in dual match play.Sarmiento’s victory over Mullen also gave the Trojans a 4-0 lead and served as the clincher over the Ducks.Sarmiento also paired up with sophomore Yannick Hanfmann to register doubles wins in both matches. The No. 32-ranked pair took down Oregon’s Robin Cambier and Mullen, 8-3 and Washington’s Kyle McMorrow and Bots 8-2.This is Sarmiento’s fifth career conference player of the week award after earning the honor twice in 2011 and twice in 2012. Sarmiento now joins junior Emilio Gomez, sophomores Hanfmann and Roberto Quiroz, and freshman Max de Vroome as Pac-12 men’s players of the week this season.Sarmiento has peaked as high as No. 9 this year after concluding the 2012 season ranked No. 25 in singles. This season, Sarmiento has played primarily at the first and second courts in singles. Sarmiento is 7-3 when playing on court one and 8-0 when on court two.In doubles play, Sarmiento and Hanfmann have gone 13-5 overall and 11-4 in dual matches and have won four in a row.With ITA player of the year Steve Johnson graduating from USC last season, Sarmiento and Gomez emerged as the leaders of a USC squad seeking its fifth consecutive NCAA championship.The two victories over the Ducks and Huskies extended USC’s win streak to 10 games and improved the Trojans to 22-2 overall and 5-0 in conference play. USC will now travel to Westwood to face UCLA, also undefeated in Pac-12 play, in the regular-season finale on Friday at 3 p.m.
An eighth-round draft pick in 2011, Smith spent parts of five years in the majors. He was with the Red Sox from 2016-18, pitching in two games of Boston’s ALDS loss to the Astros in 2017. His 2018 season was cut short by shoulder surgery, and he hasn’t pitched in a game since. The Red Sox released him in June.The veracity of Smith’s accusation is unclear and certainly will prove harder to publicly corroborate than Farquhar’s claims, which mentioned a specific game that was almost immediately tracked down and analyzed.Nonetheless, it adds to the growing suspicion over the Astros, who issued a statement earlier Tuesday responding to the Athletic story saying they are participating in MLB’s investigation. The Astros are facing renewed allegations of improper sign stealing in light of a story published by The Athletic on Tuesday, and former Red Sox reliever Carson Smith provided his own anecdotes about Houston’s strategies.Smith becomes at least the third current or former pitcher to go on the record accusing the Astros stealing signs, along with active major leaguer Mike Fiers and former reliever Danny Farquhar. MORE: Fiers deserves praise for coming forward
Ozil could feature at Watford, having returned to training following a knee injury.But Sanchez is due to be assessed after playing in Chile’s 3-0 loss to Brazil on Wednesday, which ended their hopes of qualifying for the World Cup.“I will have to speak to him,” Wenger said. “Yesterday afternoon I watched the whole Brazil against Chile game to see how difficult the game was.“I must say he got some special treatment — it was a very physical game and mentally I will have to assess the situation when he comes back tomorrow.”Centre-back Shkodran Mustafi also endured a miserable international break, the Germany international suffering a thigh injury against Azerbaijan that will sideline him for four to six weeks.But his absence will soon be offset by the return of Laurent Koscielny, who is closing on a comeback from an Achilles injury.“Koscielny has a definite final test tomorrow,” Wenger said.“At the moment, he’s not available. He trained on his own and the first signs are positive, so we decided to give him a test tomorrow.”Striker Danny Welbeck is back in contention after a groin injury, while left-back Sead Kolasinac faces a late fitness test on a hip complaint.Jack Wilshere is yet to play a minute of Premier League football and has lost his place in the England squad, but Wenger believes the midfielder is on course to go to next year’s World Cup in Russia.“I believe that Jack at the moment is in the best form I’ve seen him in for a long time,” Wenger said.“If he keeps going like he’s going at the moment, he will go to the World Cup, I’m sure. I don’t see Jack being fully fit and not going to the World Cup.”Share on: WhatsApp Arsene Wenger conceded he may have no option but to sell star players Alexis Sanchez and Mesut OzilLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger conceded on Thursday he may have no option but to sell star players Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil in the January transfer window.The pair are both out of contract at the end of the season and are yet to agree new deals.As things stand, they will be able to leave the Emirates Stadium for free, meaning January will be Arsenal’s last opportunity to cash in on their two most high-profile players.“It is possible,” Wenger told a press conference ahead of his side’s trip to Watford on Saturday. “Once you’re in our kind of situation, we have envisaged every solution, yes.”Asked if Arsenal had set a deadline for contract negotiations with the pair to conclude, Wenger replied: “No. Not at the moment.”Chile forward Sanchez, 28, joined Arsenal from Barcelona in July 2014, a year after 28-year-old Germany playmaker Ozil’s arrival from Real Madrid.The signings electrified Arsenal’s fan base, but for all their quality, the duo have thus far been unable to end the club’s 14-year wait for the Premier League title.Sanchez has been linked with a number of major clubs, among them Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.Ozil, meanwhile, is reported to have attracted interest from Manchester United, who are managed by his former Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho.Earlier this week, Ozil’s agent, Erkut Sogut, indicated talks with Arsenal were progressing positively.“That’s my understanding, yes,” said Wenger.“I always said the fact that we didn’t find an agreement last year doesn’t mean the player will necessarily leave. Both players look happy here and overall I hope the situation can be turned around.”– Wilshere in ‘best form’ –
There’s no one more disappointed than the people behind the Nelson Leafs hockey franchise that the club suffered early elimination from the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League playoffs.However, there’s more to the Leafs franchise than skates, pucks, tape and sticks.The Leafs continue to be a force off the ice after the club made a donation to the “Man in Motion” project prior to the end of the hockey season.During the first home playoff game against Beaver Valley, Leaf president Larry Martel presented Bill McDonnell and Denis Kleine with a cheque for $500 in support of the purchase of the “Man in Motion” bronze sculpture located at the NDCC entrance.A replica of the sculpture is currently on display in the Nelson Leafs cabinet next to the sound booth. No time to rest for Leaf coaching staffAfter going through a rollercoaster ride this past season, Leaf head coach Dave McLellan is not going to make the same mistake twice.McLellan has already put the wheels in motion on making the Leafs run in next season’s KIJHL playoffs a long one.The veteran coach has booked dates for the Leafs spring rookie and main camps.The rookie camp goes April 24-26 at the NDCC Arena.Invited players from throughout the province will be in Nelson for a tryout to see if they qualify for Main Camp, May 15-17.The Leafs training camp is set for the first week of September. Defending KIJHL Champion Hawks in control of Murdoch FinalThe Beaver Valley Nitehawks are slowly, but surely, making quick work of the Castlegar Rebels in the Murdoch Division Finals.Beaver Valley built up a 3-0 lead before rolling to a 4-2 victory Thursday in Castlegar.The defending KIJHL champs hold a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.Devin Names and Castlegar product Kadrian Klimchuk scored first period goals before McKoy Hauck made it 3-0 in the second.Yannis Soukas, the hottest Rebel in the playoffs, gave the home team life with a powerplay goal 14 seconds remaining in the period.Jeremy McNeil cut the margin to 3-2 with another special teams marker seconds into the third.But Walker Sidoni scored on the power play for Beaver Valley midway through the final period to secure the victory.Beaver Valley out shot the Rebels 32-24.Carsen Schamerhorn won his sixth straight game in goal for the Hawks while Austin Wells took the loss for Castlegar.Beaver Valley has now defeated Castlegar five of the last six games dating back to Feb. 7.Game four is Friday in Castlegar. Note the early start time of 5:30 p.m. as the teams must give way to Selkirk Saints later in the evening.The Saints host University of Victoria Cougars in Game one of the BC Intercollegiate Hockey League semi final at 8 p.m.Game two is Saturday with Game three, if necessary, Sunday in Castlegar.If necessary, Game five of the Murdoch Finals goes Sunday in Fruitvale.