Tag Archives: 上海最贵的总统套房

Bail for man charged with impeding murder investigation

first_imgWhatsApp Email Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Twitter Advertisement TAGSCourtcourtslimerickRoad tramps motorcycle club WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR The remains of Andrew O’Donoghue, Cois na Coille, Murroe, Co Limerick, a member of the Road Tramps MC Ireland leaves Cross’s funeral home in Ballyneety with a 200 motorcycle guard of honour. Photograph Liam Burke/Press 22A MAN charged with impeding the murder investigation of biker Andrew O’Donoghue, who was shot dead in Murroe last month, has been granted bail despite objections from gardaí.At Limerick Distict Court on Tuesday, Judge Marian O’Leary granted bail to Robert Cusack (26) of Abington, Murroe, Co Limerick subject to a number of conditions, including banning him from having any contact with members of any motorcycle club.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Detective Garda Fergal Hanrahan told the court the defendant is a member of the Caballeros motorcycle club based in Clonmel, who are involved in an ongoing bitter feud with the Murroe-based Road Tramps Motorcycle Club.Detective Hanrahan said there is an ongoing turf war between the two clubs and outlined fears that Cusack’s release would lead to heightened tensions between them.He noted that the murder at the Road Tramps clubhouse at Mountfune, Murroe on June 20 already lead to a reprisal in Castletroy the following day, in which a firearm was discharged.The court also heard that the murder was captured on CCTV cameras.Defence Solicitor Sarah Ryan said her client was not on the garda radar, that he had assisted gardaí in their investigations and has no previous convictions.Judge O’Leary remanded Cusack in custody with consent to bail until July 21. Facebookcenter_img Previous articleTV – Something for the weekend – Live Sport on TVNext articleInternational festival screens for Limerick film director John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBail for man charged with impeding murder investigationBy John Keogh – July 9, 2015 1536 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed livelast_img read more

Coalition Pushes for Stricter Wall Street Regulation

first_img Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago  Print This Post Subscribe While Republicans have long claimed that the financial system in the United States have been severely overregulated since the crisis, a group of progressives who believe that Wall Street is not regulated enough has organized a coalition in hopes of getting stricter rules passed.Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts), the architect of the controversial Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that came from the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010—the focal point of Republicans’ complaints of financial industry overregulation—led the coalition on Tuesday, according to Think Progress. Also joining in were Reps. Keith Ellison (D-Minnesota) and Nydia Velasquez (D-New York) and various labor leaders, civil rights groups, and community groups.Tuesday’s rally comes just one week after presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump announced that he would overhaul Dodd-Frank if he is elected president.According to Warren, the coalition is operating on two key principals—“No cheating and no pushing the risks on taxpayers”—the coalition is making five key demands:Break up the largest banksEnsure consumer access to non-predatory banking productsEnd the carried interest tax loophole allowing hedge fund managers to use a tax break for investment income on income they make at workRein in executive bonusesImpose a financial transaction taxIn her address on Tuesday, Warren noted some of the accomplishments of Dodd-Frank—namely the more than $10 billion the CFPB has returned to consumers that the Bureau has deemed to have been harmed by predatory financial practices. But she said there is more to be done.“We have made a lot of progress under the Dodd-Frank financial reforms,” she said. “But we’ve also got a lot more to do.”Notably, Warren called for the breaking up of the country’s largest banks, because she believes that Dodd-Frank did not end “Too Big to Fail” as it professed to do.The report noted that the point of the coalition is not just to lay out policy but to combine forces in hopes of getting that policy passed. Warren pointed out that she believes it will not be an easy fight, but “we didn’t take on this fight because it’s easy, we took on this fight because it’s right.” May 24, 2016 1,128 Views Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Coalition Pushes for Stricter Wall Street Regulation Previous: ‘Survivor Bill of Rights’ is Gaining Traction Next: Fairholme: Status Quo Makes Another Bailout ‘Inevitable’ Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Dodd-Frank Elizabeth Warren Financial Industry Regulation Wall Street 2016-05-24 Brian Honeacenter_img Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Related Articles The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago About Author: Brian Honea Home / Daily Dose / Coalition Pushes for Stricter Wall Street Regulation Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Tagged with: Dodd-Frank Elizabeth Warren Financial Industry Regulation Wall Street Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily Share Savelast_img read more

Tyson offered $1m to face rugby legend Williams

first_img Loading… Tyson spent three years in prison after being convicted of rape in 1992, a sentence that has seen him face travel restrictions in the past. But he has since turned his life around, recently spending time in lockdown preparing himself for a comeback, but if he is to accept the challenge down under he may not fight until next year. Amatruda said: “We’d have to wait until the coronavirus shutdowns are over of course so the fight probably wouldn’t be until early next year – as long as we can get the visa. “They gave him one in 2012 and he was fine, he’s a quiet family man now. He didn’t cause any trouble then, so why shouldn’t they let him back in?” Tyson boxed Corey Sanders in a 2006 exhibition as part of his world tour, which was organised to help relieve some of his well-documented money troubles. But the two-time champion insists his planned comeback is only to raise money for charity and will now decide which rugby star to take on. read also:Tyson has same speed, power as a 21-year-old—- trainer Hall drew against Gallen on his one and only boxing bout, with the latter winning his other nine fights. Retired rugby star Williams, who now plays league, has won all seven of his pro fights but has not boxed since 2015. His biggest win came against former world champion Francois Botha, who he outpointed in 2013. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Mike Tysson has been offered $1million to come out of retirement and face unbeaten rugby legend, Sonny Bill Williams in an exhibition bout. Promoted ContentWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do This8 Ridiculously Expensive Things Bought By Keanu Reeves2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year9 Celebrities Who Look Older Than They Really Are13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindMost Amazing Advanced Robots That Will Change Our WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest PocketThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone The 53-year-old heavyweight icon recently revealed he wants to make a ring return to compete in charity fights, and has been training for the last three weeks under MMA mastermind Rafael Cordeiro. Cordeiro, head coach at Kings MMA in California, believes Tyson would only need another five months to be ready for a genuine pay-per-view comeback fight. And the reformed Baddest Man on The Planet has received his first offer to do so with promoter Brian Amatruda lining up either ex-rugby league players Barry Hall and Paul Gallen or All Blacks legend Williams as opponents. Amatruda told the Daily Mail: “I’d hold it at Melbourne Arena where we’d get over 10,000 or even Princes Park where they got 30,000 for Jeff Fenech versus Azumah Nelson. “He might be 53 years old but he’s still a huge name and any of those blokes Hall, Gallen or Sonny Bill would jump at the chance to get into the ring with him. “I’d make it part of a card with a world title fight. It would be enormous. Not just a fight, it would be an event. “The first thing I did was contact (celebrity agent) Max Markson and ask him to offer Tyson $1million. “Max brought him to Australia in 2012. He gets on well with him and his wife but the main thing is that he got him a visa to get into the country back then and that’s the key.”last_img read more

Joshua’s Absolute Focus on Fighting Pulev in UK

first_imgAnthony Joshua’s “absolute focus” is still on a homecoming world title fight against Kubrat Pulev, unless the UK option is “taken out of our hands”, says promoter Eddie Hearn.The Matchroom Boxing boss has confirmed Joshua will make one defence of his WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles this year against IBF mandatory challenger Pulev, which is unlikely to be staged before the end of September.Hearn told Sky Sports: “Wouldn’t it be great to come through all this and stage a world heavyweight title fight in the UK this year. For us, that is the absolute focus and if that’s taken out of our hands, we will look at other options around the world. Joshua (left) and Pulev were earlier scheduled to fight next month “Croatia is a potential option at this stage and just a part of wider discussions. Given the current uncertainty, I would expect to see him in the ring again end of September at the earliest, but more likely October or November as the restrictions hopefully start to ease.”Pulev’s manager Ivalyo Gotsev is keen to stage the fight at the end of August and revealed that he has secured financial backing and a date at Pula Arena, a Roman Amphitheatre in Croatia.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Potential parking revenue prolongs lease negotiations

first_imgThe California Science Center Board of Directors could vote today on the latest terms of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum lease agreement with USC.Trouble in the arena · USC hopes to lease the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, but faces opposition from those who believe the switch of parking spots surrounding the Coliseum to the school will be debilitating. – Joseph Chen | Daily TrojanIf approved by the Board, the agreement would give USC full managing rights at the state historical landmark and guarantee the University 70 percent of the parking spaces in the Science Center’s deck on 25 event days per year (33 if the NFL uses the stadium temporarily). It would also extend USC’s lease from 2054, the expiration date agreed upon in a December 2012 plan, to 2111 — a 98-year deal.Opponents of the deal spoke out at public forums this week, saying that the loss of parking would take both revenue and visitors away from the California African American Museum, the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.“It goes too far,” said Charmaine Jefferson, CAAM’s executive director. The state cut the museum’s budget in half 10 years ago, and since, CAAM has relied heavily on revenues from the Exposition Park parking lot, which is owned by the state. She said the state currency divides the parking lot revenue among the museums, and that giving USC the excess revenue is “wrong.”Under this lease, USC will pay $10 — the standard weekday rate — for each parking spot on each day it controls the lot. But on special event days, the state has been able to charge as much as $16 for those spaces. And if USC raises prices, it can keep the profits, she said.The leaders of all three Exposition Park museums share Jefferson’s concern that the lease agreement is lopsided in USC’s favor.“[This deal] doesn’t adequately ensure the cultural integrity of Exposition Park,” said Kimberly Freeman, a CAAM board member. It requires all Exposition Park entities to schedule “special events” — those attended by more than 3,000 people — 24 months in advance, which is unreasonable for a small institution like CAAM, Freeman said. She added that CAAM projects a $31 million shortfall over 50 years because of lost parking revenue.“These are free museums and they will be clearly damaged from the loss of parking revenue and the loss of parking itself,” added Science Center Trustee Marvin Holen.Bobbie Jean Anderson, a Vermont Knolls resident, asked the Board to reject the deal and take more time to negotiate. As it stands, the deal would “surrender some of our most treasured landmarks for next to nothing,” she said.Further, the terms of the deal were published May 20, just 10 days before the first public hearing. Holen said community members hardly had enough time to review it and make judgments, and a Science Center Board vote today would be premature, Holen said. He has threatened to seek an injunction against the deal.“Secrecy … has been endemic in this entire process,” he said at the hearing.Generally, however, stakeholders agree that USC is best equipped to manage and repair the Coliseum, which needs $70 million to $100 million in renovations.Three current USC students, all alumni of the Neighborhood Academic Initiative, a seven-year pre-college enrichment program that rewards the neighborhood’s most successful students with full scholarships to USC, joined  current NAI students to defend USC’s record of acting in the neighborhood’s best interest.“We all want USC to manage the Coliseum. They will do this superbly,” Jefferson said. But she doesn’t think the deal is satisfactory yet. “I don’t think they’ll approve this on Wednesday.”State Sen. Curren Price, who will represent City Council’s ninth district, which includes the Coliseum, beginning in July, called the deal a “clear violation” of the board’s legal obligation to protect its and CAAM’s interests. State Sen. Kevin deLeon said he will ask the legislature to overturn the lease if approved. State Sens. Richard Polanco and Rod Wright have also voiced their dissatisfaction.last_img read more

Kisić: I Congratulate B&H Athletes for Their Courage and Struggle in Sochi

first_img5 B&H athletes returned home from the 22nd Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, with the expected results and qualifications.Žana Novkanović achieved the best results, who came in 26th place in the slalom. Igor Laikert came in 27th place in the super-combination, Marko Rudić was 49th in the giant slalom, Tanja Karišić in 72nd place in the Biathlon and in 78th place in cross country skiing, and Mladen Plakalović was 82nd in cross country skiing in the sprint discipline.President of B&H Olympic Committee Sinaša Kisić summarized te performances of B&H athletes in Sochi and said that Žana Novaković and Igor Laikert achieved “remarkable results”.“On behalf of B&H Olympic Committee, I want to congratulate athletes for their courage and struggle, and especially Žana and Igor for the results achieved. Our preliminary assessment is positive, and the Commission for the top sports will give its judgement in accordance with recommendations of the coach reports. The 26th and 27th place of Žana and Igor are not negligible and we proudly point it out. It is a kind of success considering the conditions in which they have worked, competed and prepared for all these years to present themselves and their country in this grand world sport competition”, said Kisić.President of the B&H Olympic Committee said that in the past two years about 400.000 BAM in these athletes are invested, using a variety of opportunities and resources offered by the International Olympic Committee.After Sochi, B&H athletes will perform in another competition during this year, the Second Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China in August. Petar Zadro and Aleksandra Samardžić in judo have so far achieved the standards for performing in this competition.(Source: Fena)last_img read more