WhatsApp Email Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Twitter Advertisement TAGSCourtcourtslimerickRoad tramps motorcycle club WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR The remains of Andrew O’Donoghue, Cois na Coille, Murroe, Co Limerick, a member of the Road Tramps MC Ireland leaves Cross’s funeral home in Ballyneety with a 200 motorcycle guard of honour. Photograph Liam Burke/Press 22A MAN charged with impeding the murder investigation of biker Andrew O’Donoghue, who was shot dead in Murroe last month, has been granted bail despite objections from gardaí.At Limerick Distict Court on Tuesday, Judge Marian O’Leary granted bail to Robert Cusack (26) of Abington, Murroe, Co Limerick subject to a number of conditions, including banning him from having any contact with members of any motorcycle club.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Detective Garda Fergal Hanrahan told the court the defendant is a member of the Caballeros motorcycle club based in Clonmel, who are involved in an ongoing bitter feud with the Murroe-based Road Tramps Motorcycle Club.Detective Hanrahan said there is an ongoing turf war between the two clubs and outlined fears that Cusack’s release would lead to heightened tensions between them.He noted that the murder at the Road Tramps clubhouse at Mountfune, Murroe on June 20 already lead to a reprisal in Castletroy the following day, in which a firearm was discharged.The court also heard that the murder was captured on CCTV cameras.Defence Solicitor Sarah Ryan said her client was not on the garda radar, that he had assisted gardaí in their investigations and has no previous convictions.Judge O’Leary remanded Cusack in custody with consent to bail until July 21. Facebook Previous articleTV – Something for the weekend – Live Sport on TVNext articleInternational festival screens for Limerick film director John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBail for man charged with impeding murder investigationBy John Keogh – July 9, 2015 1536 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
The California Science Center Board of Directors could vote today on the latest terms of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum lease agreement with USC.Trouble in the arena · USC hopes to lease the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, but faces opposition from those who believe the switch of parking spots surrounding the Coliseum to the school will be debilitating. – Joseph Chen | Daily TrojanIf approved by the Board, the agreement would give USC full managing rights at the state historical landmark and guarantee the University 70 percent of the parking spaces in the Science Center’s deck on 25 event days per year (33 if the NFL uses the stadium temporarily). It would also extend USC’s lease from 2054, the expiration date agreed upon in a December 2012 plan, to 2111 — a 98-year deal.Opponents of the deal spoke out at public forums this week, saying that the loss of parking would take both revenue and visitors away from the California African American Museum, the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.“It goes too far,” said Charmaine Jefferson, CAAM’s executive director. The state cut the museum’s budget in half 10 years ago, and since, CAAM has relied heavily on revenues from the Exposition Park parking lot, which is owned by the state. She said the state currency divides the parking lot revenue among the museums, and that giving USC the excess revenue is “wrong.”Under this lease, USC will pay $10 — the standard weekday rate — for each parking spot on each day it controls the lot. But on special event days, the state has been able to charge as much as $16 for those spaces. And if USC raises prices, it can keep the profits, she said.The leaders of all three Exposition Park museums share Jefferson’s concern that the lease agreement is lopsided in USC’s favor.“[This deal] doesn’t adequately ensure the cultural integrity of Exposition Park,” said Kimberly Freeman, a CAAM board member. It requires all Exposition Park entities to schedule “special events” — those attended by more than 3,000 people — 24 months in advance, which is unreasonable for a small institution like CAAM, Freeman said. She added that CAAM projects a $31 million shortfall over 50 years because of lost parking revenue.“These are free museums and they will be clearly damaged from the loss of parking revenue and the loss of parking itself,” added Science Center Trustee Marvin Holen.Bobbie Jean Anderson, a Vermont Knolls resident, asked the Board to reject the deal and take more time to negotiate. As it stands, the deal would “surrender some of our most treasured landmarks for next to nothing,” she said.Further, the terms of the deal were published May 20, just 10 days before the first public hearing. Holen said community members hardly had enough time to review it and make judgments, and a Science Center Board vote today would be premature, Holen said. He has threatened to seek an injunction against the deal.“Secrecy … has been endemic in this entire process,” he said at the hearing.Generally, however, stakeholders agree that USC is best equipped to manage and repair the Coliseum, which needs $70 million to $100 million in renovations.Three current USC students, all alumni of the Neighborhood Academic Initiative, a seven-year pre-college enrichment program that rewards the neighborhood’s most successful students with full scholarships to USC, joined current NAI students to defend USC’s record of acting in the neighborhood’s best interest.“We all want USC to manage the Coliseum. They will do this superbly,” Jefferson said. But she doesn’t think the deal is satisfactory yet. “I don’t think they’ll approve this on Wednesday.”State Sen. Curren Price, who will represent City Council’s ninth district, which includes the Coliseum, beginning in July, called the deal a “clear violation” of the board’s legal obligation to protect its and CAAM’s interests. State Sen. Kevin deLeon said he will ask the legislature to overturn the lease if approved. State Sens. Richard Polanco and Rod Wright have also voiced their dissatisfaction.
Lakers plan to start LeBron James at point guard, report says Johnson also praised Bradley’s defense and perimeter shooting, calling the 28-year-old guard an “outstanding pick.”Bradley is heading to LA on a two-year, $9.7 million contract once he clears waivers, his agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN. Related News Magic Johnson is a fan of the Lakers’ newest addition.The former Lakers executive said getting Avery Bradley will make Los Angeles “almost unbeatable.” Avery Bradley is an outstanding pick up for the Lakers with his incredible defense and ability to hit the three point shot.— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) July 8, 2019Laker Nation, I’m dreaming about the 4th quarter Lakers team with LeBron, AD, Danny Green, Avery Bradley, and Kyle Kuzma. That’s almost unbeatable!— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) July 8, 2019Bradley was waived by the Grizzlies on Saturday after he started the 2018-19 season with the Clippers. He was traded to Memphis in February for JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple.While with the Grizzlies, Bradley averaged 16.1 points and four assists per game. He shot 40.8% from the field and 35.1% from 3-point range on the season.He will join a number of newly acquired stars the Lakers landed including Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins among others.The Lakers went after multiple players since missing out on Kawhi Leonard. LA signed Danny Green, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, JaVale McGee, Quinn Cook, Rajon Rondo and Alex Caruso. NBA free agency rumors: Avery Bradley signing with Lakers, agent says Leonard announced he was joining the Clippers over the weekend after long speculation he would return to LA, however rumors originally placed him with the Lakers. His move, along with Paul George who helped sway Leonard to chose the Clippers, makes the city the new basketball powerhouse, according to Johnson.”LA has just become the king of basketball,” Johnson tweeted Saturday. “It’s going to be awesome to watch NBA basketball in LA this season!”LA has just become the king of basketball with the Lakers adding AD, Cousins, Danny Green, JaVale McGee, and KCP and Kawhi Leonard and Paul George joining the Clippers. It’s going to be awesome to watch NBA basketball in LA this season!— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) July 6, 2019
(Instagram) https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/ae/5e/kelly-stafford-instagram-posts_euo59dbt1bxr1fe0mw2h9h168.png?t=1052563440&w=500&quality=80 A local news station in Detroit, WDIV-TV, released a report Wednesday night citing sources claiming “that trade talks concerning quarterback Matthew Stafford have been underway for a couple of weeks.”The report lacks substance; it simply says the sources are “close to the Detroit Lions.” It also came the same day Stafford’s wife, Kelly, shared a pair of stories on her Instagram account that suggested the Lions would trade their longtime quarterback. “It takes the right personality in the existing quarterback to bring along the next young quarterback, but if you look at Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, none of them started the first year and my wish for Tua would be that he would go to a team that would give him a year to learn the system and do everything before the pressure of being a starting quarterback was upon him,” Steinberg said.So the speculation that if Detroit selects Tagovailoa third overall then it has to trade Stafford just doesn’t hold up. It would make more sense to keep Stafford in 2020 and have Tagovailoa learn for a year as his backup, or potentially play if Stafford’s back injury lingers.But trading Stafford this season just doesn’t make sense for Detroit, and it likely won’t happen. MORE: 2020 NFL Mock DraftThere was nothing really to spark those stories that Kelly Stafford shared. The only report suggesting a Stafford trade is the one from WDIV.In fact, Thursday morning the Detroit Free Press asked Lions GM Bob Quinn about the rumors and he responded, via text, “100% False!!” But general managers aren’t exactly trustworthy all the time, so you can only buy into that somewhat.The real reason why the Lions won’t trade Stafford has to do with a decision the team made in December. The Lions turned a $6 million roster bonus that was originally due in March and converted it into a signing bonus. This means the Lions would suffer a $32 million hit in dead salary cap with a Stafford trade.Trading Matthew Stafford would leave behind $32M of dead cap to the #Lions, a loss of $10.7M of space. Detroit has already restructured and paid out a $6M bonus for the season. He’s staying put in 2020. https://t.co/4DC96J5p2k— Spotrac (@spotrac) February 13, 2020MORE: Ranking the NFL’s top 50 free agents for 2020In other words, it would cost Detroit $10.7 million for the 2020 season to trade or release Stafford when it could just keep him on the roster and not waste money. It just makes no sense to move Stafford until next year.Having said that, there’s still a chance Detroit selects a quarterback in the NFL Draft. The Lions hold the No. 3 overall pick, meaning the obvious selection would likely be Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. It would be a great fit, too, as Tagovailoa’s agent, Leigh Steinberg, told the Detroit Free Press in late January his client would be best suited on a team where he could sit for a year.
Mayor Robert Neff Jr. swears in Councilman Dane Mihlon as Mihlon’s wife, Lauren, holds the Bible.LITTLE SILVER — It was as if Dr. Seuss took over as mayor for a little while at the borough’s annual reorganization meeting last Thursday. Robert Neff Jr., who was sworn in to his first four-year term as mayor, used the opportunity deliver an address to his constituents in the form of a poem.Using rhyming couplets, the mayor noted, “Last year, this time three feet of snow gave Little Silver fits./Later still, Irene’s ill will, and earthquake tremors, hit.”Additional verses offered further reflections on the year just past, hailed recent borough accomplishments, offered thanks and congratulations to those being sworn in to elected office and to those receiving various appointments.“I’ve missed some names—we know you’re there, and no offense was meant/Appreciation is the key, our thanks were the intent.”Afterwards Neff said that while he had some reservations about waxing poetic, he ultimately decided to give it a whirl to keep the mood light and festive.“This has been a really nice meeting,” he observed as the meeting adjourned.Neff, a former Republican council member, had declared his candidacy for mayor when he was named last year to fill the vacancy caused by the death of long serving Mayor Suzanne Castleman. Donald Galante, a former Republican councilman, was appointed to fill Neff’s vacant council seat.Along with Neff, his running mate, newcomer Dane S. Mihlon, and incumbent Democrat Daniel J. O’Hern Jr. were sworn in for their respective three-year terms.The borough council selected member David Gilmour to serve as this year’s council president; reappointed John O. Bennett as borough attorney; and reappointed Gregory Blash as borough engineer.