first_img Organisation March 10, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Six Libyan journalists disappeared News RSF_en center_img The Committee to Protect Journalists said there had been no world from six Libyan journalists known for their critical stance towards the regime since the start of the unrest in the country. The CPJ said there were rumours that pro-Gaddafi forces had detained them. They included Atef Al-Atrash, who works for various publications and who disappeared shortly after appearing on Al-Jazeera in Benghazi; Mohammed Al-Sahim, a blogger and writer; Mohammed Al-Amin, a cartoonist; and Idris Al-Mismar, a writer and former editor of cultural monthly Araji. The other two were Tripoli-based journalists Salma al-Shaab, the head of the Libyan journalists union, and Suad Al-Turablous, a correspondent for the pro-government TV channel. They were thought to have been arrested. No further information was available. Atrash recovered his freedom on 24 August, the day after Tripooli was taken by the rebels. He contacted his family the following day. He had been held in the capital by the Gaddafi forces. Help by sharing this informationlast_img