first_img“Nalilitokami ngayon (We are confused). We are not sayinganything extraneous. Lahat narratedin our pleadings…(These allegations are a) matter of public record…We’re nottrying to influence the court but correcting the matter,” said PECO lawyerEstrella Elamparo in a press conference at Ilustrado Restaurant in Intramuros,Manila on Tuesday. “Because of the illegal, if notcriminal manner, by which the takeover was accomplished, we will be filingcriminal cases against all those responsible,” Elamparo said in the Feb. 29press conference at PECO’s office on General Luna Street. Even without a break-open order fromthe court, Elamparo said, court sheriffs together with MORE Power officials anda battalion of anti-riot policemen forced their way into the substations. She also stressed she was “notdissuaded to further hear the case with utmost impartiality.” “Definitely, it is not yet over. We aretaking all the remedies that we could,” Elamparo said as she assailed MOREPower’s takeover of PECO’s substations on Feb. 28. In her March 2 order, Contrerasalready called out Elamparo for “malicious statements on air, of an allegedmeeting with the judge of a certain MORE personality the day before the writwas served, alluding to the court’s conspiracy with the plaintiff.” PECO lawyer Estrella Elamparo. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN ILOILO City – Despite a standing gagorder from the court, Panay Electric Co. (PECO) held a press conference inManila denouncing the takeover of its power distribution assets by rival MOREElectric and Power Corp. (MORE Power). center_img In her Monday order, Contreras alsowarned MORE Power and PECO against resorting to “any form of propaganda” thatwould undermine the court’s integrity and credibility. In the Tuesday Manila pressconference, the PECO legal counsel discussed the company’s supplementalpetition to its existing request for the Court of Appeals (CA) to nullify threeIloilo court orders that paved the way for MORE Power’s alleged “forcible,deceptive and intimidating” takeover of its stations and facilities over theweekend. Contreras was reacting to PECO’sstatements issued in a Feb. 29 press conference and MORE Power’s coming out ofadvertisements about its operation following the takeover of PECO substationson Feb. 28. On Monday, Regional Trial Court (RTC)Branch 23’s Judge Emerald Requina-Contreras warned MORE Power and PECO to“strictly observe the gag order” issued by Judge Daniel Antonio Gerardo Amularof RTC Branch 35 who previously heard their expropriation case. PECO asked the CA to issue a temporaryrestraining order stopping the continued implementation of an Iloilocourt-issued writ of possession, as well as a status quo ante order that would“restore” its possession of the substations and other properties that it claimswere illegally seized by MORE. Such action, she added, continuedSaturday (morning, Feb. 29), which was a non-business day, at the PECOsubstation in Molo district./PNlast_img