RelatedPosts Pirlo not out to copy anyone after Juventus’ comfortable opening win Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Tottenham sign £25m Sergio Reguilon European football governing body UEFA will hold a video conference meeting of all 55 football federations in Europe, it said on Thursday. The meeting, which will involve representatives of clubs, leagues and players, is to discuss the impact of the coronavirus on all football in the region, including Euro 2020. UEFA has so far declined to discuss whether Euro 2020, which will be held in 12 different countries around Europe between June 12 and July 12, will be postponed or venues altered. UEFA said the meeting would be held next Tuesday and that “discussions will include all domestic and European competitions, including UEFA EURO 2020”. “Further communication will be made following those meetings,” it said. On Thursday, Real Madrid and Juventus, two of Europe’s biggest clubs who are scheduled to play Champions League matches next week, sent all of their footballers into quarantine. Real Madrid’s move came after one of the club’s basketball players tested positive for the coronavirus, while Juventus defender Daniele Rugani also tested positive for the virus. Real Madrid’s basketball team was also sent into quarantine. Domestic leagues around the continent have been put on hold or are taking place behind closed doors. Two Europa League matches scheduled for Thursday have been postponed because Spanish side Getafe refused to travel to Italy, the epicentre of the outbreak, to face Inter Milan. AS Roma said they could not travel to Spain to face Sevilla because of flight restrictions. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Daniele RuganiJuventusReal MadridUEFAUEFA EURO 2020
Atletico Madrid, within inches of Champions League glory twice in the last four years, is in danger of an embarrassing early exit from the competition unless it can rediscover its scoring magic.Diego Simeone’s side has only netted five times in its last seven games in all competitions, of which it has only won one, and its profligacy continued in a 1-1 home draw with Villarreal last Saturday.The struggle to score has been most pronounced in the Champions League, with Antoine Griezmann’s penalty in the 2-1 defeat by Chelsea the only time the club has found the net in Europe’s elite competition this season. Atletico made its worst start in the tournament since 2009 after taking two points from three games and must beat Azerbaijani champions Qarabag tonight to have a realistic chance of reaching the last 16.Atletico’s growth has been stunted by a ban on registering new players, barring recent signings Diego Costa and Vitolo from taking part until January, although the team’s biggest problem has not been their ability to create chances, but their struggle to put them away.The team was at its most wasteful in the goalless draw at AS Roma, and midfielder Saul Niguez said the game in the Olympic Stadium is still weighing on his mind.“I’m going to be thinking about Rome for the rest of the season because it could really penalise us. If we don’t qualify, I’ll feel more guilty than the rest of the players,” he said in an interview with Marca on Monday.The shock goalless draw with Qarabag in Baku two weeks ago was the most disappointing display as they struggled to break down the hosts even with an extra man for the final 15 minutes.Antoine Griezmann squandered their clearest chance that evening and the France international has shouldered most of the blame for the team’s problems.“The chances these superstars keep missing are not normal, and the team should have seven or nine points rather than two,” said former Atletico forward Paulo Futre, writing in newspaper Marca.“Simeone isn’t the one who keeps missing these chances. It’s not his fault a Ballon d’Or finalist wastes a clear opportunity.”Simeone, however, has not been immune to criticism. Former forward Quique Estebaranz said the Argentine coach should promote a more attractive style of play.“I would build a giant statue to Simeone for everything he has given us but I would try and play more attacking football because the club needs to show ambition,” he told Radio Marca.“Atletico needs to give a little more to go even further than we have come.”Atletico will have little choice but to go for broke against Qarabag at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, otherwise their new 68,000-seater arena will be hosting games in the far less glamorous Europa League.In other matches, AS Roma will host Chelsea in a reverse fixture of the 3-3 score line at Stanford bridge two weeks ago.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Patrick Mahomes has already proven to be an elite quarterback this season, but the no-look pass he lobbed in the Chiefs’ game against the Ravens is next level.The second-year NFL quarterback’s pass didn’t seem possible, but receiver Demarcus Robinson was able to snag the pass. how is a no look pass even possible pic.twitter.com/gAyFQP8GPG— Jordan Heck (@JordanHeckFF) December 9, 2018At the time of the no-look pass, Mahomes had thrown for 219 yards, one touchdown and one interception with three minutes left in the third quarter.
Morton did not fit that label. He entered the offseason as one of the surest things on the market given his newfound ability to make his hard fastball and sharp curve look the same until it’s too late for a batter to react. His success in 2017 and 2018 indicated that he was ready to keep going as one of MLB’s best starters.So it was not surprising to see the right-hander shut down the Tigers on Wednesday, helping Tampa Bay improve to 36-23 with the 4-0 victory. It won’t be a shock if a similar result accompanies his next start in Boston against a team that could have afforded his services but passed him up.The rest of the league will have to wear Morton’s predictable dominance on the hill for a while. The Rays hope to ride it deep into October. Morton needed just 83 pitches to swim through seven scoreless innings against Detroit, improving to 7-0 and dropping his ERA to 2.30. At 35, he’s putting together the best season of his career in the most ho-hum way imaginable.“This is more like pedestrian boring me going out there and just trying to do my job,” Morton told the Tampa Bay Times. “And I do mean that.’’Despite consecutive standout campaigns for Morton in Houston and clear evidence that he had become a legitimate pitching asset, 29 MLB teams let the Rays sign him to an affordable short-term deal that included built-in injury protections. Most contenders could have easily blown his two-year, $15 million offer with a vesting option for a third year out of the water, and even cash-strapped organizations could have made a competitive bid. It’s unclear why no one bit.MORE: Watch ‘ChangeUp,’ a new MLB live whiparound show on DAZNAmong the teams likely regretting their free agent approach to Morton are the Red Sox, who chose to sign right-hander Nathan Eovaldi to a longer, more expensive contract at four years, $68 million. Eovaldi carried significant injury risk, and he’s already sidelined with an elbow injury that required surgery. His ERA over the past three seasons is 4.16 compared with Morton’s 3.21.Elsewhere, Lance Lynn got a three-year, $30 million contract from the Rangers and Garrett Richards, who hasn’t started more than 16 games since 2015, got a two-year, $15 million contract from the Padres. J.A. Happ is older than Morton but got a two-year, $34 million deal from the Yankees with a vesting option for a third season. Matt Harvey (7.50 ERA) is getting paid $11 million this campaign.Other teams neglected their starting pitching needs entirely. The A’s failed to funnel money into a flimsy rotation that was carried by a strong bullpen in 2018, while the Pirates did not invest further in a staff that now has a 4.84 ERA.Finding bargains is something the Rays have almost always done at a high level, not only to compete but to survive as an organization. Usually they’re pouncing on players who have yet to fully break out, anticipating what might come next. Charlie Morton dispatched the Tigers on Wednesday night in the same way he muted the Twins in his last start and the Indians before that.Fastball-curveball, curveball-curveball, curveball-fastball, fastball-fastball. Keep it inside to the lefties, work down and away to the righties. A simple game plan for a veteran able to execute.
B&H tennis player Aldin Šetkić is qualified in the second round for the Grand Slam tournament of the U.S. Open in New York. Šetkić in the first qualifying round won against Dzmitrij Žirmont from Belarus with results of 7:5, 4:6, 6:1.At the second qualifying round he will play with the Argentinean Diego Sebastian Schwartzman.Besides Šetkić, at the second round of qualifying earlier was selected Mirza Bašić, who on Tuesday in the first round defeated the Argentinean Eduardo Schwank with 6:2, 6:4. In the second qualifying round will play against Mikhail Kukushkin from Kazakhstan.In the first qualifying round Damir Džumhur and Jasmina Tinjić suffered defeats. Džumhur in the first qualifying round won against Japanese Tatsuma Ito with 3:6, 5:7, while Tinjić defeated by Laura Siegemund from Germany with results 7:6, 4:6, 6:7.(Source: Fena)
(Source: Reprezentacija.ba) Vahid Halilhodzic got the first serious competition in place of selectors of football team of Bosnia and Herzegovina, after the head-coach of the best BiH team nominated former French selector Jacques Santini (62)As learned by the source close to Sarajevo Times, as well as Reprezentacija.ba, Santini will officially submit his candidacy in the Football Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday, and thus become a candidate to coach the national team of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the best coaching biography.Jacques Santini is one of the most accomplished football managers in France. Together with Jean Michel Aulas and Bernard Lacombe he was involved in the transformation of Lyon into a French football giant.Santini was chosen as “The best French coach” on 2002 by France Football and World’s The Best National Coach of the Year on 2003 by International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) Santini replaced Roger Lemerre as France manager in 2002. He had already resigned from the position before Euro 2004, where France surprisingly lost to Greece in the quarter-final.Santini took the managerial position at Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur after Euro 2004. He surprisingly announced his resignation after just 13 games. Officially, Santini left England due to personal problems, but it was widely reported that a series of disagreements with then Sporting Director Frank Arnesen led to his departure. Speaking in 2005, Santini said he quit partly because he felt agreements with the club were broken, but he admitted he “dug his own grave” by agreeing to join the club before the end of Euro 2004.
Last night, the BH national team player Gojko Cimirot made a debut for PAOK, which drew the match against Xanthi with a result of 0:0 in the first round of the Greek Super League.After the transition from the FC Sarajevo to the Greek PAOK, Cimirot debuted for his new club yesterday against Xanthi. He played well until the 24th minute, when he unfortunately got injured. Luckily, it was a minor injury; thereby it will cause no bigger problems.During the match PAOK was the better team on the field, had the ball in its possession and directed a total of 14 shots towards the opponent’s goal, six in the frame and eight out of the frame. The guests made only four shots, two of which hit the frame of the goal.(Source: klix.ba)
OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson View comments Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Jio Jalalon regaining his old form for Hotshots Ravena finished with a career-high 31 points, with four rebounds and five assists, but was basically a one-man crew that operated NLEX’s system.Guiao said that even though Ravena was spectacular offensively, that wasn’t the way NLEX basketball was supposed to be played.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk“Kiefer played a great game today offensively but that’s not our style of play,” said Guiao Sunday at Smart Araneta Coliseum. “We don’t want one player to take over the game offensively and try to bring us or carry us on his shoulders for us to win.”NLEX had three players score in double figures against Magnolia—Ravena getting 31, JR Quiñahan with 22, and Kevin Alas with 13—and all three shot 40 of the team’s total 88 field goal attempts. It was in stark contrast to the Road Warriors’ 115-104 win over Globalport and 119-115 win over Kia, where NLEX had four and eight players score in double figures, respectively.Guiao had no choice but let Ravena take over, pointing out that most of his players had difficulty finding the bottom of the net.“Of course, sometimes you don’t have a choice if all your offensive options are not working and we just have to go to what is working and in this situation it was Kiefer,” said Guiao.“I told the team that if we have to do it that way we’re not going to win too many games.”Of the seven Road Warriors who took at least five field goal attempts, it was just Ravena, Alas, and Michael Miranda who shot 50 percent.ADVERTISEMENT NLEX head coach Yeng Guiao saw his prized rookie Kiefer Ravena shine in adversity in a 105-94 loss to Magnolia, but behind that glory was the fact that the Road Warriors had few to show after their prized rookie.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:33Leo Austria, SMB wary of ‘more experienced’ Hotshots ahead of PBA Finals rematch03:30PH’s Rogen Ladon boxing flyweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Juami Tiongson went 1-of-5, Alex Mallari was 1-of-10, Larry Fonacier was 3-of-7, and Quiñahan was 9-of-21 from the field, respectively.“Kiefer played a great game offensively but he did not get enough support from the rest of the team,” said Guiao. “We’ll just take this as a lesson and hope that by Friday [against San Miguel] we’re able to correct ourselves.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES
Now you can hit the streets of Fort St. John without leaving your home.The City is now featured on Google Street View, a service that allows a close-up, 360-degree view of city streets as if you were driving them.Last summer, there were several sightings of the ‘Google Car’, as it drove up and down the streets of Fort St. John.Advertisement View Google Streets in a larger mapMap: 100.1 Moose FM radio station from Google’s Street View. – Advertisement -By Christine Rumleskie Now, practically all streets in the City are available to view. You can also travel the entire Alaska Highway, all the way up into the Yukon.