Tag Archives: 南京夜生活网

Pyeongchang Olympics brings ‘real hope’ to divided Koreas, says Bach

first_imgLATEST STORIES Newsome sets focus on helping Bolts open new PBA season on right track Bach said it had been a “long and difficult journey” to organise an Olympics in Korea, whose two sides are divided by a heavily fortified border — just 30 miles (50 kilometres) from the Games site — and remain technically at war.Officials from France, Germany and Austria all expressed concerns about sending athletes as tensions spiralled last year, when North Korea fired a series of missile tests and exchanged threats of war with the United States.But Bach said: “In all the conversations we had, the Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 were never put in doubt. On the contrary, we could always feel support.”“Despite the sometimes worrying political circumstances, we were always standing at the side of our Korean hosts and never talked of a Plan B,” he added.‘Impossible dream’ADVERTISEMENT Michael Porter Jr. stays patient as playing time increases MOST READ Ricci Rivero shuts down transfer rumors Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue is BWAA 2019 Fight of the Year OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Almazan vows to comeback stronger after finals heartbreak Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextcenter_img Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award “The Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 have allowed another new beginning on the Korean peninsula,” Bach told delegates at the opening ceremony for this week’s International Olympic Committee (IOC) session. “They have opened the door for a peaceful dialogue between the Republic of Korea (South) and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North).FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk“The Olympic spirit has brought two sides together that for too long were divided by mistrust and animosity. “The Olympic spirit has brought real hope for a brighter future for everyone on the Korean peninsula.” OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments Nueva Ecija warehouse making fake cigarettes raided, 29 Chinese workers nabbed South Korean President Moon Jae-In has long argued for engagement to bring the North to the negotiating table over its nuclear ambitions.But not all of his countrymen agree and there is a public perception that Moon’s administration made too many concessions to the North to secure its participation at the Olympics. Chiming with Bach, Moon said: “Something truly wonderful is taking place in the divided and war-torn nation… throughout the world the message of peace is echoing.”“One or two months ago, many countries were concerned with the safety of the Pyeongchang Olympic Games. North Korea’s participating in the Games and a unified team under the banner of peace seemed like an impossible dream then,” he added.North Korea is sending 22 athletes to Pyeongchang, along with a large number of officials and an all-female cheer squad.A unified Korean women’s ice hockey team, whose squad includes 12 players from the North, on Sunday made its debut ahead of the Games, losing 3-1 to Sweden in a practice match.The team has proved polarising in South Korea, where it has been blamed for a sudden drop in Moon’s approval ratings.While enthusiastic supporters cheered on the joint team, protesters chanting “Pyongyang Olympics!” also gathered outside, stamping on a picture of North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un and ripping up the blue-and-white Korean unification flag. Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina A general view shows the Olympic rings on the roof of the skating venue of the 2018 Pyeongchang winter Olympics in Gangneung on February 3, 2018. / AFP PHOTO / Ed JONESOlympics chief Thomas Bach on Monday said the Pyeongchang Winter Games brought “real hope” to the divided Korean peninsula and conceded there was no “Plan B” even when nuclear tensions put them under threat.Bach was speaking four days ahead of the opening of the Games, which received a major boost when isolated North Korea ended months of bellicose posturing by agreeing to send a contingent of athletes.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

‘Not a done deal’ – Qatar wary over 48-team World Cup

first_img“There’s a feasibility study on the countries that could possibly host. So together with FIFA we’re looking into those possibilities,” Khater said in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.“So that’s where we are now. It’s still open as an idea but it’s not a done deal for it to be a 48-team World Cup.”Although Qatar has said it is open to expanding, Khater was at pains to underline that “the status quo is that it’s still a 32-team World Cup, everything after that is an assessment”.After winning the right to host a 32-team World Cup in 2010, in a bidding process mired in bribery allegations, the Qataris are coming under sustained pressure to switch to 48.Oman and Kuwait are being studied as possible co-hosts as Qatar remains under a diplomatic and transport blockade from other Gulf neighbours, who accuse it of supporting terrorism — a charge Doha denies.Khater said there was no chance of UAE — who have signalled they would like to hold games — or fellow blockaders Saudi Arabia co-hosting the World Cup, given the current impasse.“Under the current environment I don’t think it’s a possibility,” he said, adding that studies were underway about the feasibility of Oman and Kuwait hosting games.“We’ve got to take into consideration the capabilities as they stand today but also what could be done over the next three years,” he said.Despite the tight timeline, Infantino has made clear he wants 48 teams in 2022 and he unsubtly hammered home the message in his address to the Asian congress.The Swiss-Italian FIFA president, who may put the matter to the world body’s congress in June, said 90 percent of football associations support the move.“Sharing the games with a few of the neighbouring countries is of course an option as well to make it a true World Cup for the world and for the whole Gulf region,” he said.“Something to discuss, something to think about, something that we are working on together with Qatar and together with all of you.“And of course it’s going to be a nice achievement if the first World Cup of 48 teams would be played in Asia.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000FIFA president Gianni Infantino speaks during the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Congress 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, stressing he wants 48 teams in 2022 © AFP / SADIQ ASYRAFKUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Apr 7 – Qatar stressed that the 2022 World Cup remains at 32 teams as FIFA chief Gianni Infantino piled on pressure to expand the tournament to 48 and share it with other Gulf countries.Speaking to AFP at the Asian Football Confederation Congress, head organiser Nasser Al-Khater said Qatar was still planning for 32 and that studies about adding another 16 teams were just an “assessment”.last_img read more

Gardaí investigating two car accident involving deer in Carndonagh

first_imgGardaí have confirmed they are investigating a road traffic collision that occurred just outside Carndonagh yesterday evening (Weds). It is understood that the accident occurred at approximately 7:20pm on Wednesday evening.Two vehicles are reported to have collided with a deer, however, upon arrival no deer was present. No offence disclosed and no injuries sustained.Gardaí enquires are continuing.Gardaí investigating two car accident involving deer in Carndonagh was last modified: October 24th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Play Your Part school activation kicks off in Atteridgeville

first_imgBy Ntombi Ntanzi“You are the new generation that’s going to change the way of doing things”, these are the words echoed by Brand South Africa’s General Manager of Marketing, Ms Sithembile Ntombela to the learners of Dr WF Nkomo Secondary School in Atteridgeville, during a Play Your Part school activation on Wednesday 16th May 2018.Brand South Africa through the Play Your Part programme continues to engage with the youth, specifically high school learners in a nationwide campaign.“This nationwide Play Your Part campaign is aimed at learners to ensure they are continuously introduced and made aware to be active citizenship from a young age, in order to grow communities of leaders, growing our youth that will carry the legacy and vision of South Africa in the future”; adds Ms Ntombela.The campaign kicked off in collaboration with famous comedians Goliath and Goliath, who are also Play Your Part ambassadors. They coached, entertained and educated through comedy by giving a masterclass to the grade 11 and 12 learners on realising your dreams.“Play your part is about you taking ownership. Start changing the world with little parts of the world that you are affected by”; said comedian Jason GoliathSpeaking to a Grade 12 learner – Leanna Mathatu at the school on what she took out from the Play Your part activation she said: “trust yourself, follow your dreams and take charge.”Book Ibhoni founder and a Play Your Part ambassador, Mpumi Mtintso spoke on the promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship under the theme “Play Your Part, turn your ideas into currency”.He expressed that every path that the young people take on for their future, career and passion needs to speak to the county’s vision articulated in the National Development Plan(NDP). “Make sure you solve issues of poverty, inequality and the high rate of unemployment”, emphasized Mtintso.Some learners took to social media to share their gratitude;Lemonade ?‏ @MaleboMolapo1 May 16@DonovanGoliath @JasonGoliath @nickgoliath ..Thank you so much for coming to our school, I really enjoyed. I laughed so hardOn the 30th May 2018, the Play Your school activation will be heading to a school in Mpumalanga follow the conversation on @PlayYourPartSA  and  @Goliath_Goliath remember to  #PlayYourPart #GetInvolvedlast_img read more

Six peahens found dead in Bijnor

first_imgSix peahens have died in a village in Bijnor. Four were found dead and four others were recovered in an unconscious state from a field in Shadipur village on Monday, district forest officials said.“Two more died on Tuesday during treatment,” M. Semmaran, Divisional Forest Officer, told The Hindu. He said two doves and a partridge were also found dead in the same field. Mr Semmaran, who is a veterinary doctor as well, said the cause of the deaths were not clear yet. Wild berriesHe said around 100 wild red berries were found stuffed in the digestive tract of peahens along with a few wheat grains. Mr. Semmaran didn’t rule out pesticides that farmers spray on crops for the deaths.last_img

Maizo-Pontillas ‘pressured’ after winning MVP plum

first_imgAnother vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Froome loses Tour lead to Aru, Bardet wins 12th stage Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Cignal’s diminutive defensive ace Jheck Dionela was the conference’s Best Libero.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ View comments El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong Rhea Dimaculangan and Aiza Maizo-Pontillas. Photo by Sherwin Vardeleon/INQUIRERPetron Blaze Spiker Aiza Maizo-Pontillas is no stranger to winning individual awards.And she added another hardware to her collection Thursday night, taking home the MVP in the Philippine Super Liga All-Filipino Conference Thursday after helping Petron dethrone F2 Logistics in five sets, 26-24, 24-26, 24-26, 25-23, 15-11, in the finals.ADVERTISEMENTcenter_img Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera “But I will still work hard to show that I deserve the MVP.”Maizo-Pontillas’ teammate and fellow UST alum Rhea Dimaculanagan, meanwhile, won the Best Setter award.READ: Petron blanks F2, closes in on PSL titleMika Reyes also took an individual trophy for Petron, winning the 2nd Best Blocker Award while silver medalist Mary Joy Baron was named the Best Blocker.Foton teammates EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago won the Best Outside Spiker and Best Opposite Spiker trophies, respectively, while F2 Logistics’ Ara Galang was named the 2nd Best Spiker.ADVERTISEMENT “I think I’m more pressured right now because I won the MVP,” said Maizo-Pontillas, who won several MVPs when she bannered University of Santo Tomas in the Shakey’s V-League.READ: Petron claims PSL All-Filipino title, sweeps F2FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsMaizo-Pontillas likened her MVP trophy to being part of the national team, as immense pressure comes along with with both distinctions.“This MVP trophy is like being named to the national team because not only does it bring pressure but the expectation for you to perform well is also there,” said Maizo-Pontillas, who had 14 points in the title-clinching game. MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekendlast_img read more

Zamboanga, Imus force sudden-death showdowns with crucial victories

first_imgSEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Pushed to the brink after a 78-89 loss in Game 1, the sixth seeded Rapidos came out sharp and aggressive, frustrating the Cagers with their suffocating defense, while turning to Juntilla and Robin Rono for clutch baskets down the stretch.The highly physical match saw two Muntinlupa players, Ernesto Bondoc and Andretti Stevens, also get thrown out. Bondoc walked to the showers on two unsportsmanlike fouls while Andretti was charged with a disqualifying foul.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsThe crowd grew uneasy with security stepping in, after plastic bottles were thrown to the floor in the final minutes with Muntinlupa down by a double-digit margin.“We knew we had to match their physicality to tie the series, but we also have to keep our composure,” said Zamboanga coach Raymond Valenzona, whose father, Turo, serves as consultant of the Muntinlupa squad. Kids take spotlight before 70.3 Davao contest LATEST STORIES Undaunted by the hostile crowd, Zamboanga kept its poise and lived to fight another day in the MPBL Datu Cup.Ex-pro Reed Juntilla poured 26 points, while Harold Arboleda came up with 17 rebounds and 13 assists as the Rapidos turned back the Muntinlupa Cagers, 84-73, on Thursday night to force a do-or-die Game 3 in their South division quarterfinal series at a jam-packed Muntinlupa Sports Complex.ADVERTISEMENT Miguel Romero Polo: Bamboo technology like no other Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants Seventh seed Imus also forged a sudden death match with No. 2 seed Batangas after a stunning 75-69 victory earlier.Imus guard James Castro fired 21 points, grabbed six rebounds and dished out four assists, but it was the Banderas’ stifling defense that helped propel them tie the series.The Bandera held the talent-laden Batangas squad led by Jeff Viernes to just 22 points in the middle quarters to seize control. Castro hit five of six free throws in the final minute to help preserve the win for Imus.“Even with the loss in Game 1, we were not discouraged because we always felt we had a chance if we play the right way against Batangas,” said Imus coach Noy Falcasantos in Filipino.ADVERTISEMENT Google Philippines names new country director MOST READcenter_img Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgivinglast_img read more